What Information Do We Collect?
Meridian may obtain the following types of information from or concerning you or your mobile phone device, which may include information that can be used to identify you as specified below (“Personally Identifying Information”):
User Provided Information: We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, date of birth, profile picture, payment method, billing information, items requested (for delivery services), delivery notes, mobile device information and other information you choose to provide. In order to provide the Meridian Service, Meridian will periodically access your address book or contact list on your mobile phone to locate the mobile phone numbers of other Meridian users (“in-network” numbers), or otherwise categorize other mobile phone numbers as “out-network” numbers, which are stored as one-way irreversibly hashed values.
Location Information: If you permit the Meridian app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, and other related transaction details.
Usage and Preference Information: When you visit the Meridian Site, we may send one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. We collect information about how you and site visitors interact with our Services, preferences expressed, and settings chosen. Meridian uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, the Meridian Site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
Log File Information: When you use the Meridian Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, your phone number and various status information.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Improve the quality and design of the Meridian Site and Meridian Service and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user preferences and trends.
Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect about you:
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Analytics and Services Provided by Others
Our Commitment To Data Security
Meridian uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Meridian and you do so at your own risk. Using unsecured wifi or other unprotected networks to submit messages through the Meridian Service is never recommended. Once we receive your transmission of information, Meridian makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If Meridian learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Meridian may post a notice on the Meridian Site or through the Meridian Service if a security breach occurs.
Changes and Updates to Privacy Notice
Effective Date of this policy: September 25, 2020